Saturday, 28 August 2010

Taking it apart

We need to take the front end off and clean it all up and replace the rubbish bits with good ones. It's a bit rusty.

I stripped the drivers side upper and lower wishbones off and the wheel hub and brake. I've cleaned up the wishbones, but the shock and springs are knackered so I'll need new ones of those. Not sure about the brake and hub, they might be able to be reconditioned.

The wishbones look like this now

Getting the old metalastic bushes out was fun

Now I need to paint the old parts with POR15 to stop them going rusty and fit some new polybushes to help keep everything nice and tight so it's not all over the place.

Friday, 27 August 2010

Getting it home

My dad went to get the car from his mate Rob. Rob has given me the car as he wanted rid of it and thought it would be nice for me to fix up and use.

When we got it home I drove it off the trailer.

And now we've started to take it apart and clean it all up.

Welcome to by blog...

My name is Toby, I have a 1968 Triumph Spitfire that I'm restoring ready to drive as soon as I'm allowed to. I'm 13 now, so I've got plenty of time to do it all, but there's a lot to be done!